WE MOVED to WWW.STUFF-BY-ASH.BLOGSPOT.COM
WE MOVED!! COME OVER FOR EVEN MORE GREAT IDEAS!

WWW.STUFF-BY-ASH.BLOGSPOT.COM


Saturday, October 2, 2010

Spooky Skeletons

Sorry, I‘ve been busy with lost of Halloween/Fall projects!  But I’m excited to share some them with you. 

Yesterday the little one and I read Dem Bones by Bob Barner, a cute little book based on the song, “The foot bone’s connected to the . . .”  We actually got the book and book on CD from the library which was a lot of fun.

image

After reading the book we made our own skeletons out of Q-Tips.  (Yes, I know my skeletons only have four fingers and toes, they are a special mutated kind of skeletons, that’s what makes them spooky!) 

IMG_7673{Supplies}
About 18 Q-Tips for each skeleton (22 if you plan on making five fingered and toed skeletons)
ribbon
Elmer’s Glue
black cardstock/construction paper
white paper
marker
googly eyes
scissors

 

{To Make}

Skeleton PartsGet supplies ready, cut Q-Tips, cut out skull, draw on details.

IMG_7667IMG_7670  Glue parts on black paper, don’t worry too much about extra glue, it will dry clear.  Add bows and eys.  Let dry well.

 

IMG_7671 I am going to frame mine and add them to my Halloween decor!  Hope you enjoy making your own Spooky Skeletons.

 

Edited 10/18:

178_0095

178_0097

178_0098Bought some Dollar Store frames, made a little orange mat, cut out some vinyl letters, hung these cute guys (and girl) up on the wall!  (Going to go re-hang guy!  Looking at the pic made me realize he’s a little off!  Oops!)

 


UndertheTableandDreaming Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!mmm buttonMakingThe Girl CreativeThe DIY Show OffKeeping It SimplePhotobucketTexas MonkeyBWS tips buttonAll Thingz Related The Trendy TreehouseBCD Show and tell http://www.thethriftyhome.com Make it Yours @ My Backyard EdengiveawaysA Crafty SoireeThe Shabby Chic CottageGet your craft on Thurs.Party ButtonDecor Mammasweetcharli 

16 comments:

  1. this is such a fun idea!! come on over and link up to MMM :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I will have to try this with my little ones. I found you via Metamorphosis Monday. I used q-tips in my project too, but only to clean:{

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha....those are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How Fun!! I would love to make these with my kids. Thank you for sharing such a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha those are soo cute! Is it ok that I want to make one on my own and I dont even have kids? haha!

    - Michelle @ Bunch of Craft

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable. I love this idea and I'm going to make one with my little boy today. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! I'm giving you an award tomorrow at naptimecrafters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, err my little boy, made one and I posted about it here, http://notjustdecorating.blogspot.com/2010/10/q-tip-skeleton-craft-for-kids.html, with a link back to your tutorial. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! These are hilarious!! What fun and what a clever idea to use Q-tips!

    Thank you for linking up to Kids Get Crafty on Red Ted Art!! Much appreciated!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love their happy faces. I would love for you to link this post to Read.Explore.Learn. tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This project brings me back to the days when my kids were in preschool...sigh...miss that :(

    I always loved this project :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are so cute! I think we may have to do this project! I found you through Lucky Star Lane.
    pathb4me.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these guys! I will have to make some with my littles. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Q-tips, wow, who would have thought! very impressive and such a fun project. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just saw these on Pinterest and I had to share them! So cute! Here's the link: http://www.vixenmade.com/2012/10/10-halloween-crafts-for-kids.html

    ReplyDelete

WE MOVED to WWW.STUFF-BY-ASH.BLOGSPOT.COM

WE MOVED to WWW.STUFF-BY-ASH.BLOGSPOT.COM